Traffex Seeing is believing brings you the ‘inside-out’ of the highways maintenance and traffic management world with both an indoor exhibition and outside demonstration zones.
It is brought to you by a trusted and valued source of industry information for highways, transportation and infrastructure – the Transport Network, which encompasses Highways and Smart Highways magazines, Traffex, Road Expo Scotland and the Cold Comfort conferences among others. Through our websites here and at transport-network.co.uk, highwaysmagazine.co.uk and smarthighways.net, and our social media channels (@transport_net, @highwaysmag, @SmartHighwaysM and @SIBEvent), we are able to bring you the very latest developments THROUGHOUT the year. Our magazines aim to support the industry by sharing best practice, offering an unbiased account of the news (via Highways on Fridays and Transport Network News), showcasing the best it has to offer with the Highways Awards and, then, literally bringing everything to life at this live biennial Traffex event where ‘Seeing is Believing’ – with our flagship indoor event, Traffex, taking place each alternate year.
Traffex Seeing is believing provides the perfect showcase with its real road environments outside in all weather conditions. The ‘Inside-out’ philosophy has now been taken even further with the creation of an ‘integrated’ conference, workshops and roundtable discussions. In this way, many of the techniques and skills that you learn about and discuss inside will then later be put into practice outside in a real working environment.
Key highlights for 2018 include:
- Hangar 42 – our large, fully refurbished indoor exhibition hall.
- Specialised outdoor ‘zones’ covering maintenance, markings, traffic calming, signage and technology.
- A two-way street operating alongside the ‘dynamic’ demonstration areas.
- Designated drop-off and collection points.
- A full timetable of outdoor demonstrations.
- NEW for 2018: ‘static’ outdoor displays adjacent to the exhibition hall.
- A fully marked motorway for showcase displays.
- NEW for 2018: the Crash demonstration zone.
- NEW for 2018: the Traffex Seeing is believing podcast service.
- An Apprenticeship/skills zone within the hall.